Monday, June 20, 2011

This blog will have rambles.  They may not make much sense. 

One day they may be about the amazing Chocolate Peanut Butter Pretzel Brownies that are sitting on my stove, cooling.  (Recipe courtesy of Joy the Baker.  Gotta give credit where credit is due.  She's great - hilarious really.  You should meet her.)  But seriously, I may have to dig into those before the 30 minutes I'm supposed to wait.

The next day (or the next paragraph as the case may be) may be about the book I'm currently busting my way through (Juliet by Anne Fortier - currently receiving 2 stars and 4 stars - more about that later)

Some things about me:

I like to swear, but I promise to try and keep it to a minimum here.  Now that I have a big-girl job, I've been self-editing myself in the dire hopes of not swearing in front of my big-girl job boss.

I love musical theatre and I'm starting to like opera.  I blame my friend C.  She pulled me into one she was working on and now I'm stuck.  I almost thought of looking up the original cast recording of The Marriage of Figaro, but then I realized that unless I pulled an H.G. Wells (The Time Machine.  Look it up.  Or not.  2 1/2 stars in my opinion.  But Goodreads doesn't let you give half stars - poo on that), I wouldn't be able to do that.

I set up a reading corner in my apartment yesterday with above mentioned friend, C.  I've included a picture for you.  That fancy print of London I got at Ross Dress for Less.  Get one for yourself.  Or get one of a place you want to go and use it as inspiration to turn that account that you've only saved $4.01 to go visit a friend into something that could actually pay for a plane ticket.  I will.

You will learn about my friend C a lot.  She's my best friend.  I'm hers (I hope - we haven't had that 3rd grade conversation about best friends yet.  But we did have a sleepover Friday night that included sushi and Harry Potter.  And then we spent three hours Saturday morning talking about boys in our pajamas before going shopping.  It was a good best friend day.).

So that's me for now.  I'm going to go back to Juliet, which I interrupted to make the most amazing smelling brownies and write this for you.

Introduce yourself.  Don't be a stranger.  I like new people.  They're fun and they make life interesting.

And as I always tell my friends - breathe.  It's good for your soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment