Sunday, June 26, 2011

I have had quite the weekend.  No lie.

Friday night, I went to see Jekyll and Hyde downtown.  Both C and I agree it was one of the best shows we've seen.  If you can see this show live, do it, but I don't know that it will compare with the one I saw.  It was incredible, amazing, insanely good, and any other word that the Thesaurus has to go with incredible.

However, getting there was a trip.  Literally.  I got a flat tire.  No big deal, I've done that before.  I'm an old pro at it - I know to have my emergency brake on when the mechanics get there so they don't get their hand flattened by my gas guzzling Jose (that's right, my car's name is Jose Durango.  My mom named him.  I was originally going to him Connie, but Jose's a boy, not a girl.).  I know that there's no reason to panic - it's a flat tire.  However, when the mechanic pulls out the object that flattened your tire and says, "Holy crap - let me get my phone so I can take a picture of that," it's a weird night.  No lie.  See for yourself on the left.

Saturday, early morning, I went to the flea market with some friends for The Marriage of Figaro props.  It took much longer then we thought, but it was so worth it.  We got so much cool stuff.  I then had to go on to a work event, where I ate more Eat n' Park mini cookies then I should have.  Then back on to my house for fifteen minutes before driving to my aunt's apartment (where I had already spent the previous night) for my younger brother's birthday dinner.  My little brother turned 21 yesterday - though he isn't quite so little.  We always joke that I'm the short one in the family.  And at 5'7", unfortunately, it's true.  Sad, but true.

I woke up for church this morning, exhausted.  I really didn't even make an effort to get ready.  But I'm glad I went.  I always feel a little bit more peaceful throughout the week when I go to church on Sunday.  I've gone two or three weeks without going and it just ruffles my feathers.  I like my church, I like that Sylvia and Jerry have taken me under their wings, always introducing me to people.  I joke that she's my sponsor, which isn't too far from the truth probably.

But now, I'm just slowly getting my energy back.  I will partake in a late afternoon shower, which in my opinion, are the best.  You feel like you're accomplishing something, but it's also a deliciously lazy, indulgent thing to do, taking a shower in the afternoon.  Or anytime later than you really would have.  Then I might scrapbook sometime this afternoon.  The last thing I scrapbooked was my trip to London in May of 2009 - I'm so behind.  Or I might finish taping up the cuts for Figaro.  Or I might just decide to curl up in my reading corner and read a book. 

How was your weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment